MTIN College of Nursing believes in the concept of health as laid down by the world health organization i.e. “Health is state of complete physical, mental, social and spiritual well being and not merely in the absence of disease or infirmity. ”
Since nurses provided and will undoubtedly continue to provide a large part of health care, their training should equip them with professional expertise to meet the changing demands of society and their expanding role therein, to achieve this, emphasis must be laid to impart the knowledge and skills most relevant to the health care needs of the community and the country as a whole. This must also be accompanied by a corresponding change in professional attitudes.
The nature of nursing is such that a substantial portion of learning of the students is acquired in the clinical fields or practice. It further recognize the inter-dependence of maintaining and restoring health and prevention of diseases.
1. To prepare student nurses with a sound educational program in nursing to enable them to function as efficient members of the health team, beginning with the competencies for first level positions in all kinds of health care settings.
2. To help student nurses to develop an ability to co-operate and co-ordinate with members of the health team in the prevention of disease, promotion of health and rehabilitation of the sick,
3. To help student nurses in their personal and professional development, so that they are able to make maximum contribution to the society as useful a productive individuals, citizens as well as efficient nurses.
4. To serve as a base for further professional education and specialization in nursing.
5. To prepare students nurses to keep pace with latest professional and technological developments and use for providing nursing care service.